Thursday, August 18, 2011

Yummy Yarns!

 

I LOVE “yummy yarns”.  You know them – the yarns that feel so good to work with and make amazing hand-crafted items.  Alpaca, silk, llama, Seacell, Merino wool, cashmere – if it’s a “yummy yarn”, I want to work with it!  And I have the stash to prove it!

You may wonder, though, why The Knitting Nest only carries a few of these delicious wonders when I am so much in love with them.  Well, as Patrick (the business guy and math tutor) likes to say, “It’s a simple matter of doing the math.”

We were on a budget when starting The Knitting Nest, and we knew that the “workhorse” yarns are REQUIRED!!  When a knitter or crocheter comes into the shop to buy yarn for a project, they need to know that we have the basic fiber types (wool, cotton, acrylic, and blends) in a selection of colors.  So that’s where we spent our budget for initial inventory.

But, now, comes the real fun!!  And the role you can play!  As we get established, we will start carrying more of the “yummy yarns”.  But, there are zillions of kinds of yarns out there!  How do we decide which ones to carry?  That’s where you can help us!  What kinds of yarns (fibers or lines) do you want to see on the shelves?  Which amazing yarns do you have on your wish list?  Leave a comment here or stop by the shop August 23rd or later and let us know.  As we expand our inventory, we will use your input to prioritize our yarn purchases!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has nothing to do with knitting - I just wanted to smile and tell you that I just re-discovered that YOU were the first person to comment on my blog way back in 2008.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin, I never realized I was the FIRST one!! That's pretty cool! And you are, obviously, the first follower of this blog. (My parents read it every day, but they haven't figured out the whole "following" thing!) And it's all because of the Sonlight Forums!

    ReplyDelete