Friday, August 5, 2011

A Few of My Favorite Things–Cascade 220

001

I love Cascade 220 – one of the “workhorse” wool yarns that is very popular with knitters.  How do I love, thee, Cascade 220, let me count the ways!

  1. I love that you are 100% wool, but still not scratchy.
  2. I love that you come in a zillion colors (even though The Knitting Nest is only starting with about 20 colors).
  3. I love that you felt beautifully.
  4. I love that you feel so nice to work with.
  5. I love how warm you are when you are made up into a scarf or hat.
  6. I love how consistent you are.

The 220 in the name Cascade 220 refers to the fact that the original worsted yarn has 220 yards/100 grams.  Nowadays, though, you can get Cascade 220 in other weights, etc.  The only possible downside to this yarn is that it comes in hanks instead of skeins.  However, we will have our swift and yarn winder at the shop and will be happy to wind your hanks of any brand of yarn into center-pull balls.

Here’s a picture of a scarf I made using brioche stitch so that it’s red on one side and black on the other.  I love how deep and strong these Cascade 220 colors are!

 

014

How do you love Cascade 220?  Leave a comment and let us know!

No comments:

Post a Comment