Monday, August 29, 2011

A Few Of My Favorite Things–Cascade Ultra Pima

It’s almost Fall, the time when a knitter’s thoughts turn toward wool. But not quite yet! It may be almost September, but I want to tell you all about a wonderful 100% cotton yarn – Cascade Ultra Pima.

The first thing I noticed when I saw the Ultra Pima is how shiny it is! It’s perfect for making garments that you want to have some luster, but still have the characteristics of cotton. The Ultra Pima works up in a very nice fabric that isn’t stiff and has a very pretty drape to it.

I made a shrug using a HiyaHiya pattern and I’m thrilled with the results. It’s light enough that I can wear it in the shop when I get a little chilly, but not as warm as wool.

067069

The left-sided picture is the shrug laid out on the floor and the right-sided picture is detail of the lace pattern.

When you want a shiny, worsted weight yarn for a garment, Ultra Pima is a great choice. The Knitting Nest carries 11 colors of this lovely yarn. Stop in and check it out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment