Friday, July 1, 2011

Projects Update July 1, 2011

I’m finished with the knitting portion of the Fair Isle sweater!!  I think I’d be a little happier if it wasn’t so small.  I knew the gauge on the sleeves was off, so I used a larger needle on the body section and checked gauge several times.  I really hope that blocking it adds a little more room.  Ah well, if I can’t wear it, I guess my daughter can.

001

I also blocked a shawl that I made from an amazing silk/SeaCell blend yarn and it turned out beautifully.  However, I blocked it up at the shop to protect it from cat hair and took pictures of it with my phone, but I can’t get the pictures from my phone to my computer.  I’ll take my camera to the shop later and get some photos.

Patrick and I are planning to do a mini-knit-a-long and both make 2 socks on 1 long circular needle.  We’re off to Family Camp this week, so it will be fun to do a project together.  I’m also taking some fun yarns to make some bookmarks – it’s a chance to learn some new lace patterns.

What are you working on these days?!

 

 

Note: I won’t be posting for the next week.  Look for new material July 8th or 9th!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful sweater! I just saw the close up pics in another blog post and it's just gorgeous! Time consuming I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete