Monday, July 18, 2011

A Few Of My Favorite Things – Lavishea

 

image

I'm starting a new feature on The Knitting Nest blog – A Few Of My Favorite Things – in which I will highlight some yarn, notion, or other product that I think is cool and you might like as well. When we open (Tuesday, August 23), you can find these items for sale at The Knitting Nest (131 East Main Street in Weyauwega).

Those of us who knit a lot know that our hands can get really dry, particularly those of us who live above the Mason-Dixon line. I keep a bottle of lotion with my knitting supplies to keep the dry skin at bay. The disadvantage to hand lotion is that I end up using it and then waving my hands around for several minutes until the lotion has dried enough that I can pick up my knitting (or go back to my laptop, whatever).

The yarn rep that we met last week showed us a wonderful product called Lavishea, a hand moisturizing lotion bar. You use it just like you would hand lotion, except that you rub the bar in your hands. It looks like soap, but you don’t add any water to it.  Your hands get the moisturizing, but there's no more waving around like a crazy person while you wait for the lotion to dry.  Lavishea is an all-natural product made with fair trade shea butter and soy, and natural scents. 

Lavishea bars come in lots of wonderful scents. My favorites are Lavender, White Lily and Amber, and Yarn Bar (almond). They have an unscented bar for those with sensitivities and a Man Bar with a masculine scent. The other scents are Lemongrass, Orange Pomander, Citrus Basil, Colorado Essence, Cucumber Melon, Ginger Blossom, Mountain Twilight, Pear Lotion, and Vanilla Passion.  At first, we’re going to carry Citrus Basil, Cucumber Melon, Lavender, and Yarn Bar.

Check out the Lavishea web site for more information about these wonderful bars. Then, after August 23rd, you can stop in at The Knitting Nest to see what they’re all about!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment