Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Recent Projects–December 20, 2011

Obviously, I can’t tell you about a couple of my knitting projects since the recipients might read this blog (although I’ve skimped this year on some family members since I’ve been knitting so much for the shop – I hope they understand).  However, I have made a few items that have turned out very nicely that I’d like to show off!

This is a purse made from Poems yarn using a Ravelry free pattern that I then felted.  I added an extra set of short rows since I knew it would shrink with felting.  When it shrunk, it became rather shallow, so I added a button and made a tab with I-cord so the contents wouldn’t fall out easily.

018

I recently acquired a Kindle, which I love, especially for keeping my knitting patterns without having to juggle paper all over the place!  To protect the screen, I made a Kindle cover, again using a free Ravelry pattern.

008

A friend is teaching my son to hunt deer with a bow.  As a thank-you, I made her a sweater for her dog, who apparently does not have as much hair as a dog living in Wisconsin really needs.  I used a free pattern that I found on Ravelry, but did a fair amount of modification based on the measurements of the dog.  I don’t have pictures of the dog in the sweater yet, but I’ll get those as soon as I can!

012

My other did other current project is a hat and mitten set done in crochet.  Was learning to knit really as tedious as this crochet project is?  Well, I’ll get there eventually, I guess.

What are your current projects?  Anything exciting?  I’ll have some pictures after Christmas – I hope!

Knitting Nest Yarn Diva

No comments:

Post a Comment