Saturday, October 8, 2011

Update–October 8, 2011

 

Sorry about the length of time between posts – we’ll just chalk it up to migraines.  But, now, on to the fun stuff – what’s been going on at The Knitting Nest!

  • Old ‘92 is here!!  Come check out this gorgeous hand-dyed (and man-dyed!) yarn in worsted and bulky weight.
  • Our first Beginning Knitting class is finished and was a great success!
  • I’m almost finished with my swirl jacket from Knit, Swirl.
  • A couple of customers have brought by projects that they’ve finished with Knitting Nest materials.
  • We’ve got several classes coming up – Knitting 911, How to Read  Knitting Patterns, Crochet Amigurumi, Socks, and Sweater.
  • Books!!  We’ve got a bunch of new books – come check them out!
  • One of the new books is about brioche knitting.  I’ve made one brioche scarf and I LOVE this technique.  The book is all about brioche – single color, two color, cables, etc.  I don’t know enough about brioche to teach it, but I think a group of us could learn about it together and have some fun.  Whatcha think?
  • I’m starting to work on things for our Christmas decorations and talked to Cathy from Premier Petals about some of what I want to do.  It’s going to be beautiful!!

What’s up with you?  Let us know what knitting and crochet projects you have going?

Knitting Nest Yarn Diva

No comments:

Post a Comment