Saturday, June 16, 2012

A Few of My Favorite Things - English Driving Cap

I just finished my second English Driving Cap using the pattern Inishmore by Cheryl Andrews of Wooly Bear Knits. I chose this pattern because these hats are for some ladies who need chemo caps and they wanted this style of hat. I liked also that this design doesn’t require anything in the brim for extra stabilization.

The first hat is made from Universal Cotton Supreme (100% cotton) in Ecru. The second is out of Cascade Sierra (80% cotton, 20% wool) in Plum. The pattern says that it is for experienced knitters because it is challenging. I would have to agree. There are no difficult stitches, but keeping up with the short rows as well as knitting such an “architectural” item requires experience in reading patterns and close attention. Even with that, I had to “tink” and “frog” sections at times. I don’t want to discourage you from trying it, though! It is quite rewarding when you are done! And now that I’ve made two of them and I’m about to make a third (for myself), I’m happy to help if you get stuck.

005

002

Both the yarn and the pattern (as well as needles and notions) can be purchased from The Knitting Nest in Weyauwega. Stop in and check us out!

Knitting Nest Yarn Diva

1 comment:

  1. Well done. They are adorable. I'm off to find the pattern.

    ReplyDelete