Monday, November 7, 2011

Works In Progress–November 7, 2011

Having a yarn shop means that I get to knit lots of really interesting things since we need shop models.  The downside to this is that I can’t put the items directly in my closet!  Nonetheless, I’m having a great time with my current projects.

1. Swirl coat.  I love the new book, Knit, Swirl.  There are some just amazing designs in this book!  I finished knitting my swirl (the first one in the book) a few weeks ago, but finally got to block it on Friday.  I’ll start sewing tonight or tomorrow.  The yarn is Cascade 220.

008010

2. Cardigan sweater.  This is the first item I’ve made from a Cottage Creations pattern.  There is almost no sewing in this sweater, although I did have to graft together 80+ stitches down the center back.  I’m doing this cardigan out of our “Sheep to Shop” yarn, the yarn that we bought locally as raw wool and took to be spun.  I’m really enjoying working with this yarn.

004

3. Christmas decorations.  I’ve been knitting lots of stars out of blue cotton Ultra Pima for our window display.  But that’s all I’m going to say about that – you’ll have to stop by the shop after Thanksgiving to see the final display.

What are you working on?  How are your Christmas projects coming along?

Knitting Nest Yarn Diva

No comments:

Post a Comment